CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Stopped in my Tracks...

It stopped me in my tracks yesterday. I'm just doing a little shopping at Lees Market Place, and there sat Oprah in the most GORGEOUS closet you could ever find on the cover of her magazine! It looks as though Oprah's have a garage sale. OKAY....Oprah could never have a garage sale. She's fancy enough to have an auction for the "Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy" though. She's always doing good things! I almost purchased her magazine just so I could stare a little longer at this CLOSET!

I couldn't help but wonder what a vast difference her clothes closet is compared to mine......

Gorgeous hu?????


MINE....and this is the only part of my closet I'll show you!!! Ann...you would be so ashamed of my closet!! OH DEAR....I think I know what I'll be doing this Saturday.


Is this dress not GORGEOUS?? Of course, I'd have to throw on a t-shirt under neath, which would ruin the entire look! But seriously, what a pretty dress. She wore this when she won an Emmy in 1994.




Any takers???? Hey this cute denim jumper saw many a Sharing Times in the early 90's, and then crossed the plains. OKAY....joined me in Wyoming on a pioneer treck with our youth in our ward (church). To the highest bidder, I'll even throw in the plaid bloomers!


Look at these shoes!!! I think I've heard that Oprah has a large foot like me. Maybe we could arrange a trade?!! Man this woman has great taste!!

But wait....I have bright and colorful lurking in my closet to!! I didn't wear this at the Emmy's but I did wear it at a Daddy Daughter Date Luau. (yes you read right...daddy daughter date. I'm a very good sport) It's bright....happy....charming......



OKAY...here's something worth crowing about. I WON A GIVEAWAY at "MAKE IT WORK MOM"!!!!!! (she's on my side bar) I was soooo HAPPY to find out I won this very cute, charming, adorable necklace. I've even received compliments when I wore it!!!


THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! Head on over to her blog and say hello! You'll be so glad you did.!!

All proceeds from this auction will go to "Get Sandra to Florida Fund." HAHAHAHAHA

WHAT'S IN YOUR CLOSET????

Put this on a pillow: The loving are the daring. ~Bayard Taylor

22 comments:

The Garden of Egan said...

Oh, my! I think you are so going to Florida!!!!
I'd be a taker to all of the above except, well, I have those same items in my closet.

Love it!!!!!

Cherie said...

Sandra you crack me up! I was laughing at how identical our closets look and I think I owned the same denim dress - LOL!!!
I think if we had the money that Oprah has then we would all have fancy closets and wear our Minolo Blaniks to the grocery store too!!
I think at this point selling "vintage" is the way to go!! I know you'll get to Florida :)

Amy said...

oh I am scared to look in mine. I know there are some wild things in there.

Suzanne said...

OK, LOVE LOVE LOVE the necklace!! So Darling! What a lucky lady to win that! Your denim dress was a bit too tempting, but the hawaiian shirt was pretty much a done deal for me!

I too love to look at Oprah's closet. Sometimes I wonder, has she ever worn that?

Happy closet cleaning if you do it! Have a wonderful day! -suzanne

Material Mary said...

Ophrah's closet is divine. You would so laugh at my closet!! Love your auction...
Mary

Kathleen said...

Too funny. I bet Oprah has clothes she's only worn once. I did go through my closet just two days ago. I have lost 44 pounds, and needed to get some stuff out of there (too big). Some of my clothes I gave to our local thrift shop, and the good stuff I am selling on Ebay. of course, I can't wait to but new stuff for my closet! Hugs, Kathleen

Lisa said...

Oh, the dreaded master bedroom closet. Mine is stuffed not only with clothes but with things I don't know what to do with. Piles and piles. Your denim dress looks all to familiar....

Camille said...

Oh that is hilarious! :) Sure, if you had a billion dollars, I wouldn't doubt your closet would look like Oprah's!!
And, yay! I'm glad the necklace made it to you! (and thanks for the shout out!)

Kimmie said...

Sandra...you make me smile!! So funny that you mentioned "don't look at my closet Ann", well if it makes you feel any better, mine looks the same or worse.

Jade was just looking through photos a few weeks ago and laughing at me in my Denim jumper. What a great sport you were to go to the "Daddy/Daughter Luau".

You are one gorgeous woman and I love seeing photos of you once in awhile and I love your outlook on life.

I think you will be making it to Florida for sure. That will be such a happy day and it will be here before you know it.

Adorable necklace and that is awesome that you won that!

Hope your weekend is a wonderful one!

Yvonne said...

I love shoes--wouldn't it be fun to own her shoes???

Your closet looks VERY FAMILIAR. I've been doing a lot of closet purging.

And good luck with "the contest" ; )

Connie said...

I think if you auctioned off your clothes you could go even farther than Florida! What great finds in your closet!
So, do you think Oprah's shoe is a size 11?
Love seeing pictures of you! You're adorable- or should I say "sophisticatedly beautiful?"

The Gathering Place said...

I loved your wardrobe items. I have some that are almost as interesting. I guess it is a good thing that we don't end up on magazine covers like Oprah!
JoAnn

myletterstoemily said...

ha ha! your closet looks just like mine!

Happy Mom said...

It appears that my closet is very similar to yours (and nothing at all like Oprahs!)

I bid 50 cents for the Luau shirt!

Ann Marie said...

Bahahahaha!
I saw that jumper.. and I LOL! Seriously!! Too funny!

I admit.. (sheepishly) that yes.. I was spying what I would do with it. It just shows how sick I am.. he-he..

Yay for cleaning out closets!
Maybe you'll start a trend this weekend? DI will be grateful!!

Thanks for the shout-out.. and the NECKLACE? BEYOND LOVE............

Ann Marie said...

~ And YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
You must have bought or purchased a new cord!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I loved reading about Oprah's closet. Just wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

Joy For Your Journey said...

So, I don't get it. What is wrong with your closet? All that stuff--and your shelves--look perfectly normal to me. :)

Peggy said...

I see the resemblance between your closet and Oprah's! They're a mirror image of each other! :o) I think I had that same denim dress too.

Congrats on the necklace . . . I bet you did get alot o compliments . . . it's beautiful!

Start packing your bags!

marciea casselman said...

Way too much in way too small a space is what's in my closet. I even posted a picture on my blog a year ago about it.
Oh well, guess it's time for me to do some weeding of my closet also.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Okay, you're my kind of woman!!! i can't even relate to Oprah's closet...but then, who can???
Loooove the new man in your life (AKA Carl)! I got a kick out of that story. What a nice neighbor.
M.L.

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

You made me laugh. :) I loved this post. Congrats on winning that gorgeous necklace!!