CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is It Just Me??

Is it just me? As I have got a little older I don't have any desire what so ever to be front and center.  Let me explain.  Tomorrow I'm singing at a funeral.  I don't know this woman, but I'm certain she has a story to tell just like all of us.  As greatful as I am to help out the family and sing, I just don't do this anymore and to be quite honest, it's giving me a little anxiety. 

I've been told this comes with age.  Put me on the back row in the corner.  I'll be there.... I'll support you.... but man, SING?  It's been a long time.  And to let's get real, I don't sound like I used to.  My voice control is lazy.  Just throwing that question out there.

It's that time of year again.  Where to vacation???  Let me share a well kept secret.  The vacation of choice last year.    A KOOKY little town. 


Look familiar??  Have you seen the movie Dante's Peak?
.

Lodging is something else.....
With that said, it was a blast. 
I'll share soon.  I've got to hit the bike and practice for tomorrow.

Put this on a pillow:  Next time you feel fear, focus on what's in front of you and start with baby steps. (Connie Sokol)

8 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Soooooo happy to see you blogging again! So happy!!!

You will be missed this weekend.. but I can't think of anything better than being with my kids in the Temple.

You will be great singing!

Have a good weekend! ♥

Material Mary said...

Sandra, I understand your anxiety. If I was ever asked to sing, because singing is not a gift I was given...I would at the very least suffer a heart attack...I'm so glad I have learned to say no to a few things in life...singing being one of them. Good luck
Mary

marciea casselman said...

I've always wanted to sit in the corner and be a support person. Ask me to help...I'm there! Ask me to be in charge...I'm there but it's a little more difficult. Singing a solo: absolutely not.

Sandra said...

Ann,
I'm glad to be back blogging too. I've missed it.

EVERYONE:
My singing went horrible and I'm just fine with it. It's to scary for me anymore.

I'm so happy to be blogging again.

Cherie said...

I almost cried when I read "Put this on a pillow" I have really missed that!!

I know you'll do great singing. But I am the same way. I have no desire to be front and center. I often keep quiet when I know the answer. I have gotten more private and don't share stuff. It's weird.
I have decided that it is along the lines of "been there, done that" and now it is someone else's turn!
Half the blogs I read I think that. Already done that. It is amazing to me that each generation goes through similar things.

Sondra said...

Ditto on every body's excitement in seeing you blog! Good luck with the song ... I have wanted to be on the back row and in the corner for a while now... is it age? I feel like I have been front and center for such a long time in Primary Presidencies that it's time for a break and let everyone else step up. Are you still RS Pres?

Yvonne said...

I think as you get older your priorities change and being front and center is not important AT ALL.

Good luck with the singing--I'm sure you'll do great and the family will so appreciate your doing it.

pinkertonjamesl said...

Such a nice locations to view in the picture.I really enjoy this blog.Thanx to share with us.

Soldes 2012